An REU Site to Prepare Students for Graduate School and an Industrial Career
This Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) site will provide you with the opportunity to spend 10 weeks performing research in a state-of-the-art chemistry or biochemistry lab of your choice. In several labs you will solve research problems connected to chemistry or biochemistry industries.
Application deadline: 31 January 2019
2019 Summer Program: 15 May - 23 July
You will also be exposed to:
- Workshops to develop effective communication, team interactions, and deliver scientific presentations
- Visits to chemical and biochemical companies
- Act as a counselor for BYU CHEM CAMP (ages 9-12). Watch the videos at: chemcamp.byu.edu
- Trips to Hiking and Rafting the Provo River and camp at a beautiful Utah camp site
- Funding to attend a national or regional chemistry conference
You will receive:
- $5,000 stipend
- Free housing
- Travel reimbursement for travel to and from Provo
- Up to $1,250 for travel and attendance of a national or regional chemistry or biochemistry conference
Prerequisites: We invite students from both 4-year and 2-year universities, as well as students from colleges to apply. For most labs, only completion of freshmen chemistry and lab is required. Organic classes and lab are required for some, but not all organic labs.
Honor Code: Everyone is welcome at BYU. You are required to commit to living the honor code during your time at BYU. The honor code provides a safe and enjoyable atmosphere.
Contact Program Directors with Questions:
REU, RET, and Talmage Intern Visit to Industrial Biotech Company ARUP
4th of July Stadium of Fire
REU and Talmage Intern Arches National Park Camping Trip
REU and Talmage Intern Provo River Rafting Trip
Final Symposium REU Presentations
Final Symposium Poster Session